The primary goal of child & adolescent counselling is to reduce barriers to your child’s academic performance. Barriers to academic success come in many shapes and sizes. Whether it is reducing anxiety, working on study skills, developing healthy friendships, facing problems in the home, setting goals or addressing bulling (to name a few), counselling provides a safe and confidential environment for your child to speak with a caring, professional counselor who can support his or her development
How can a child & adolescent counselor help my child?
Through one-on-one counseling, children have the opportunity to explore their feelings, aspirations, and personal development in the following areas:
Personal & Social:
Children will develop strong foundations for personal and social growth. Examples:
- Stress management
- Acquire self-knowledge (values, attitudes, beliefs)
- Increase self-awareness
- Develop interpersonal skills
- Learn how to make and keep friends
- Communication skills (with parents, adults, peers)
- Coping with peer pressure
Children will learn to implement strategies and activities to support and maximize their ability to learn. Examples:
- Goal setting
- Improve academic self-concept
- Acquire study skills for improved learning
- Motivation techniques to achieve individual potential
- Learn to balance studies, extra-curricular activities, leisure, family.
Let’s not get technical! Create up-to-date designs without writing a single line of code. Build clean, beautifully crafted websites perfectly fit for any device.